Reckoning on the relate, banks will stay shut on the 18th, nineteenth, and twentieth of September.
Ganesh Chaturthi bank & stock market holiday 2023: In observance of Ganesh Chaturthi (2023), lots of states will gaze banks closing their doorways this week. Reckoning on the relate, banks will stay shut on the 18th, nineteenth, and twentieth of September in occasion of the Ganesh Chaturthi competition. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) ensures shoppers are successfully-ready for these closures by publishing a monthly checklist of bank holidays.
Listed right here are the specifics:
- September 17, 2023 (Sunday): Banks across the nation will stay closed.
- September 18, 2023 (Monday): Banks will be closed in Karnataka and Telangana for Vinayak Chaturthi.
- September 19, 2023 (Tuesday): Banks in Gujarat, Maharashtra, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, and Goa will be closed for Ganesh Chaturthi.
- September 20, 2023 (Wednesday): Orissa and Goa will ogle a bank holiday for the 2nd day of Ganesh Chaturthi, diagnosed as Nuakhai.
Extra bank holidays in September:
- September 22, 2023 (Friday): Banks will be closed in
Keralafor Shree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day.
- September 23, 2023: On this Fourth Saturday and Maharaja Hari Singh’s birthday, banks in Jammu and Srinagar will stay closed.
- September 25, 2023 (Monday): Banks in Assam will ogle a holiday for the birth anniversary of Shrimant Sankardeva.
- September 27, 2023 (Wednesday): Banks will be closed in Jammu and Kerala in observance of Milad-e-Sherif, the birthday of Prophet Mohammad.
- September 28, 2023 (Thursday): Eid-e-Milad or Eid-e-Miladunnabi, the Birthday of Prophet Mohammad, will lead to bank closures in Gujarat, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Telangana, Manipur, Uttar Pradesh, Novel Delhi, Chhattisgarh, and Jharkhand.
- September 29, 2023 (Friday): Banks in Sikkim, Jammu, and Srinagar will stay closed for Indrajatra and the Friday after Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi.
In total, there’ll be 16 bank holidays in September across diverse states in India, encompassing Sundays, the 2nd Saturday, and the fourth Saturday, as per the Reserve Bank of India’s holiday checklist.
Indian stock markets will also be closed on Ganesh Chaturthi, that is on September 19, 2023. In step with the BSE Trading Holidays for 2023 List, Fairness Section, Fairness Spinoff Section and SLB Section, and Forex Derivatives Segments will be closed on September 19.